“A computer is like an Old Testament god, with a lot of rules and no mercy”


Tuesday, June 2

Time Lapse

Sorry for the long time since last post. My muse has been silent and I've been consumed with searching. Searching for a job, that is.

Today I go for an interview for one. We shall see how it goes. I am hesitant about it, regardless. This position would be considered a starting one, far beneath my abilities, and the pay is commensurate. This would pay only a third what I was making previously, but one does what one needs to in this day and age to put bread on the table.

There is another possibility, but would require me to be away from my family much of the time, but would pay similarly to what I was making before. I'll keep my fingers crossed, because this would provide better for my family, but I am uneasy about it as well, because I don't like to be away from my family for so long.

At any rate, wish me luck. I've been unemployed for almost 4 months now, and resources are running low.

Update: The interview went great! It was like sitting down and talking to a couple of old friends. We talked shop for about 40 minutes, discussing various strategies for doing IT stuff and how we thought it best handled. They're philosophies agreed with mine and a great time was had by all. Because their HR department says they can't give an offer on the spot, they couldn't say whether or not I had the job, but they said to expect a call later today or tomorrow.

0 comments: