“A computer is like an Old Testament god, with a lot of rules and no mercy”


Friday, May 8

Just Back From the Flick

And it was every bit as good as the reviews! Go see it. You won't be disappointed.

I'll not give any of the story away, but they did an amazing job. The cast and acting are fantastic. The musical choices were a bit odd, but they fit the movie, so I really don't have an issue with them. The special effects were all amazing. All of the actors turned in a really strong performance. Even though the movie is nearly 2 hours long, it doesn't seem that long, and you go away wanting more. I especially enjoyed McCoy and Scottie. Karl Urban was channeling Deforest Kelley, and Simon Pegg is one of the highlights of the film. Both performances were amazing!

I highly recommend reading the back-story before seeing the movie in the 4 issue series, Star Trek Countdown. It fills in a lot of holes. They do a good job explaining it in the movie, so you won't be lost if you don't read it first.

I guess what I'm most impressed with on this reboot, is how it is handled. Yes, it does change the history of Star Trek, but it doesn't erase it or negate it. I really can't say more without giving more of the plot away, but I really am impressed with the script.

My favorite part? All the gorgeous scenes of my favorite lady. The Enterprise has never looked better, and they take every opportunity to show her off. When I heard that they were "updating" the look of the ship, I rebelled and vowed to not see the film, but her new look really grew on me. She's every bit as beautiful as the original, and she really gets to shine in this film.

My review: 2 thumbs waaaaaaay up! Go see it immediately. This is easily the best Trek since Khan.

0 comments: