“A computer is like an Old Testament god, with a lot of rules and no mercy”


Tuesday, May 11

Oh Please

Woman jailed for T-shirt: 'Didn't mean to offend anybody'

Her shirt said "I have the (slang for female body part) so I make the rules."
She intended to offend. That's obvious. If she thought differently, she's a complete idiot (not ruled out).

I for one am tired of seeing shirts like these in public. It's crass and obnoxious. I'm all for First Amendment rights, but let's use a little common sense. I don't want my kids seeing this stuff. I'm not saying we need to legislate against wearing vulgar shirts, but I am for personal responsibility. If you're going to wear one, especially in court, expect to be treated like this.

Also, if I see one where my kids can see it, expect me to say something. As a society, we have certain unspoken rules. You shouldn't curse in front of a lady or kids, you should behave in a civilized manner, and if you step over those lines, you should expect to have someone say something to you.

0 comments: