“A computer is like an Old Testament god, with a lot of rules and no mercy”


Tuesday, April 27

That's What My Research Said

Who makes the most reliable laptops? by CNET

The conclusion? Asus

That was my conclusion as well. I just bought two Asus laptops for my wife and myself, but before I purchased, I read a ton of reviews, both professional and private. Most of the ones I read were very favorable, and the information I dug up showed a very low failure rate. And when they did fail, Asus was on the ball to get replacements out.

On some of the reviews I read where people had problems, an Asus representative would answer asking if they could help them (on non-Asus sites). That's customer service!

So far, I'm thrilled with mine. My only problem isn't an issue with Asus, but rather how Windows 7 64-bit interacts with Firefox 32-bit. It causes lock-ups on occassion. Annoying, but not caused by the hardware itself.

0 comments: