“A computer is like an Old Testament god, with a lot of rules and no mercy”


Friday, April 23

Kick Ass Review

Some buddies and I went to see Kick Ass last night. One of those buddies was Uncle of SaysUncle. I'll get to that more in a moment.

It was enjoyable, but I doubt I'll ever see it again. It was a nice interpretation/parody of the usual super-hero flick. They leaned heavily on Spiderman, but it was well written. The main hero was very "blah" to me. I really couldn't empathize much with him. The story was ok, but since it was all parody or derivative, wasn't terribly imaginative. Comedy-wise it has some great moments, but they keep trying to sprinkle in some serious moments that just kill the mood.

The star attraction for me was Nicholas Cage and Chloe Moretz. Cage was fantastic in his whacked-out way. And Chloe Moretz completely stole the movie. She has the best line out of the entire film!
Dave Lizewski: [from trailer] How do I get a hold of you?
Hit Girl: [sarcastically] You just contact the mayor's office. He has a special signal he shines in the sky; it's in the shape of a giant cock!
What was weird, while sitting there watching, when Cage and Moretz were on the screen, myself and the other 2 guys with me kept looking at Uncle and saying how much alike he was to Cage's character, and how Moretz reminded us of Jr. So, if you really want to get a glimpse of the real Uncle, I do recommend seeing this one. :D

0 comments: