“A computer is like an Old Testament god, with a lot of rules and no mercy”


Friday, March 26

An Astute Observation

Last night I attended a musical presentation by the 1st and 2nd grades at my kids' elementary school. While sitting there with my wife's aunt, she made the observation that she had not seen one child who was "obese". I hadn't given it any thought, but I did pay particular attention thereafter.

She was absolutely correct. I did not see one child that was obese. I saw a couple of kids that were a little overweight, but out of the 12 different classes, that was an extraordinarily low percentage and was similar to what I remembered from my own youth.

Are these physical education programs to promote more exercise and better eating habits working? Maybe the next generation won't be as obese as the proceeding.

0 comments: