“A computer is like an Old Testament god, with a lot of rules and no mercy”


Tuesday, November 3

Developing Apps

You know, working at night, I have a TON of time to think s%*# up.

I was driving home the other night (morning?) and thought of a great idea for an iPhone app.

So, when I get up later in the afternoon, I go to Apple's site to see about downloading the dev kit to start developing my app. It shouldn't have come as a surprise to me that it was just not going to happen.

You see, you have to run OSX before you can use the developer kit. Well, son of a biscuit eater!

It would make sense if Apple would produce a dev kit that would work on other platforms, but nooooooooo!

Well, I hope Android eats your lunch, Apple. I know I'm going to work on developing apps for it. And I guarantee that when I'm in a position to recommend to someone what phones our department should use, it sure as hell won't be the iPhone.

Speaking of which, Brandweek looks at Android and iPhone apps development.

0 comments: