“A computer is like an Old Testament god, with a lot of rules and no mercy”


Thursday, November 5

Bioware: The Next Blizzard

I've loved Bioware games for years. Probably the first game from Bioware I played was the venerable Ice Wind Dale. Awesome D&D title. I played the sequal, and then Neverwinter Nights came out. That game, and the fantastic little community that spawned around it, kept me entertained literally for 3 years. I once even worked with Money on coding our own server. Fantastic game. Admittedly, the sequal wasn't that great, but it wasn't bad either.

How about Knights of the Old Republic series? Those games were so amazing, I replayed them both several times (as did the Mrs.).

Now Bioware's latest title is Dragon Age. I remember them talking about this when I was into Neverwinter Nights. They've been working on this title forever (almost as long as Duke Nukem Forever). But unlike other vaporware, they released it, and from the reviews I've been reading, it was worth the wait.

Joystiq's review

Kokugamer's review

Blizzard's always been a great gaming company, cranking out some memorable and well-made games. Bioware's ready to jump up on center stage with them, I believe, especially with Dragon Age and the new MMORPG Knights of the Old Republic. Warcraft killer? Probably not, but I'm willing to bet it will be big.

0 comments: