“A computer is like an Old Testament god, with a lot of rules and no mercy”


Tuesday, February 10

Everything's Better With Zombies

SpoutBlog has a list of 10 Classic Films that would be better with zombies. While I agree with the premise, I don't necessarily agree with the list, so I decided to do my own, and I'm not just sticking to the classics.

10. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. What could be better than Kirk and Khan going Mano-a-Mano? Doing it while dealing with mindless zombies out to eat their brains.

9. Casablanca. A classic romance ripped apart by the realities of war...and zombies!

8. Titanic. Yep, the ship still sinks after hitting an iceberg, but this time, the iceberg is infested with zombies. No survivors, baby!

7. The Wizard of Oz. Dorthy & company streak across Oz to find the Wiz, get home, kill the witch, and bust some zombie ass, not necessarily in that order. Let's face it, Dorthy has a terrific anti-zombie squad. Hell, one of them doesn't even have brains.

6. Any John Wayne movie. Yeah, I could name one, but any John Wayne movie would be good. Can you imagine Stagecoach with zombies? How 'bout The Alamo? Yeah, I can too.

5. Star Wars. Space opera meets zombie flick. Instant classic ensues. At least this time, Obi Wan will get to win after Darth cuts him down. Wonder how resistant that helmet is to zombie teeth?

4. Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Same movie, except at the end, zombies come pouring out of that spaceship. Yeah, then it would at least be worth sitting through.

3. The Godfather. What could be better than a mobster movie? One with zombies, that's what.

2. West Side Story. Oh, the songs we could write for this one! No more sissy dancing in the streets. Oh no! Running in terror while trying to stay in key. Yeah, now that's what I'm talking about.

1. It's a Wonderful Life. I gotta agree with SpoutBlog on this one. Zombie George? Where do I sign up?


0 comments: